Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions upon which the University of Edinburgh (“the University”) grants permission to individuals who have been authorised by the University to access the Licensed Work and who have been granted a username and password to enable such access (“Authorised Users”), to access and use the Licensed Work.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before you access the Licensed Work.
The University grants Authorised Users a non-exclusive and non-transferable licence to access and use the Licensed Work for the purposes of education, teaching and non-commercial research only.
In particular, Authorised Users may, for educational, teaching and non-commercial purposes only:
- access the Licensed Work in order to search, view, retrieve and display portions thereof;
- print out single copies of portions of the Licensed Work.
Authorised Users may not:
- use all or any part of the Licensed Work for any commercial purpose or for any purpose other than education, teaching and non-commercial research;
- sell, resell, redistribute, publish, broadcast, disseminate or otherwise make the Licensed Work available in any manner or on any media to any third party, unless the Authorised User has been granted prior written consent by the University;
- remove, obscure or modify copyright notices, text acknowledgements or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear;
- make printed or electronic copies of multiple extracts of the Licensed Work for any purpose, beyond those authorised by this Agreement;
- download and electronically save the whole or portions of the Licensed Work;
- permit anyone other than an Authorised User to access or use the Licensed Work;
- permit the Licensed Work to be electronically transmitted to any other recipient.
Authorised Users must not divulge their username, password or other access information to any third party and shall notify the University immediately and provide full particulars on becoming aware of any unauthorised use of the Authorised User’s username, password or other access details.
The University may terminate the Authorised User’s right to use and access the Licensed Work at any time, upon reasonable notice.
The University makes no representation or warranty, and expressly disclaims any liability with respect to the content of the Licensed Work including but not limited to errors or omissions contained therein, libel, defamation, infringement of rights of publicity, privacy, intellectual property rights, moral rights, or the disclosure of confidential information.
To the extent permitted by law, the University shall not be liable to any Authorised User for any loss or damage including any loss of profits, goodwill, contract or any indirect or consequential loss including loss or damage suffered by any Authorised User as a result of an action brought by a third party.
The University reserves the right to change the content, presentation or availability of parts of the Licensed Work and to make changes in any software used to deliver the Licensed Work at its sole discretion. A notification will be given to the Authorised User of substantial changes to the Licensed Work.